Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Mid-Week Links: Increase Pediatric Rate For Crohn's, Mayo Opens C Diff Clinic, and Crohn's Man Has Colon Removed Is Able To Swim...

Increasing rates of pediatric Crohn's
     My heart always goes out to children who get Crohn's. I was diagnosed with Crohn's when I was 26. However, I really don't know how bad it would be to be a young kid and be told you have Crohn's. This study shows that from 2000-2009 the hospitalization discharge rate for Crohn's increased 59% while the percentage for ulcerative colitis increased 71%.

Mayo Clinic Opens C. Difficle Clinic
     I am glad I received my fecal transplant at the world class Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. I am pleased to see that the Mayo Clinic is now opening a c difficile clinic.

Crohn's Man Swims Across Lake Erie (Without Colon)
     In this great story Ryan Stevens (who suffers from Crohn's disease) had 5 feet of his colon removed (temporary ileostomy which was later reversed). This article shows a picture of Ryan in the pool and you barely notice any scarring from the surgery. Ryan is raising money for Crohn's. Ryan has his own website too.




No comments:

Post a Comment