Monday, July 1, 2013

Feeling Better But Not Great (Taking Humira Every Week)


My dosage on Humira increased from every other week to every week on June 14, 2013. So really it has only been a few weeks since I took Humira. After the fecal transplant I have overall felt better (more energy, not dehydrated, and I seem to have gained a few pounds which is good). My own personal theory is since I have had diarrhea since January 6, 2013 my colon and body has been through a lot. So I would expect it to take some time given how much I have been through. I really hope the Humira works. In my mind I wonder what the next step is if Humira doesn't work. I would think my GI would want to try a small dose of Prednisone and if that didn't work Remicade. I have also heard about 6MP which seems to work well in the long-run. I plan to call my GI tomorrow and let him know how things are going.

I honestly don't feel as bad as when I had my flare up last year. I did some research via my GI Buddy App on my IPhone. My pain level was about 4 times as worse as it currently is however my bowel movements were only around 2-3 per day and they were solid. Also last year I was also vomiting which was pretty bad and had a constant pain in my stomach.

2013 might be the year of the flare up. I know Crohn's is something I will live with for the rest of my life. Hopefully through this blog I can spread knowledge and awareness and hopefully in the future uses more of my time and resources to help find a cure for this horrible disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment