Friday, March 25, 2016

Prostate Issues/Crohn's and Sleep

Well not this past week but the week before I had some unusual symptoms (actually not Crohn's related). On Sunday night I kept having to get up to go to the bathroom which was pretty annoying. I didn't keep track of how many times I had to go but it was probably at least 6 or 7 (usually this is how many times some Crohn's patients have to go to the bathroom for other reasons). Anyways, I thought "well maybe I drank too much water" and let it pass. The next night the same thing happened. I was only able to sleep for maybe 4 hours and felt very tired at work (the day seems like 48 hours when you don't get your sleep). I called my internist who I was able to schedule an appointment with the next day (very efficient). I went in and explained my symptoms and his first reaction was a prostate infection. I thought this was somewhat off considering I was only 29 years old and never had this type of issue before (of course stranger things have occurred). So my doctor then did a rectal exam which I had one before in graduate school and passed out. The doctor actually did a good job after I assume the position and it wasn't invasive at all. The doctor then did some blood work and a urine sample (actually I learned that it is better to do a rectal exam before the urine test since then they can see if there is any bacterial is the urine). My symptoms have seemed to pass. I actually did have a similar issue like this back in December 2012 after taking an anti-fungal drug (frequent urination was a common side effect).

Well today is good Friday and I am off today and relaxing on vacation. I feel great and feel as if I got a good amount of sleep an will continue to do so this weekend. This time of year is busy at work with tax season but I think some rest is just what the doctor ordered (I haven't had an actual break since Christmas). Good sleep, eating light, and vitamin D seem to get me in super shape. Now all I have to do is resist the Easter candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment