Thursday, December 13, 2012

Urinary Issues With Crohns: Cant Stop Peeing


So I can’t believe this but I felt really good up until last night (my front side seems to have Crohns, and backside says no problems back here). My issue is not even Crohns related well at least I don’t think so. For the past few nights I have been noticing that I sometimes wait a little while to go to the bathroom. I am usually on my laptop after dinner time and do drink water which I read here is not good. Urine would build up a little in my bladder and I would wait to go. I really didn’t pay attention to it. Last night however I had to go to the bathroom all night long basically which was very exhausting and I didn’t get to bed until around 2 a.m. which make it hard to get up my usual time of 7:37 A.M. My brain would think I have to go to the bathroom but then when I pulled down my pants only a little urine would come out.  I do feel better after I go I feel back to normal. As I write this I notice it tends to be a little worse at night. I always drink water constantly throughout the day especially after I work out.

As my dad would say the only thing that has really changed is that I started a drug called fluconazole which is normally used for yeast infections. I mentioned some other stuff I was taking but today when I called my dentist to ask him if this was a side effect he said he never heard of it. I made an appointment to see my internist for Monday.  I will wait until maybe Saturday to see if this issue goes away but if not I have my doctor’s cell phone number handy and may phone him to get some answers.

Crohns patients can get urinary issues such as cystitis, fistulas, and urinary tract infections. In this study called “Diagnosis and treatment of urinary tract complications in Crohns disease: an experience over 15 years” carried out over 15 years 16% of patients had simple cystitis. 7% were required to be hospitalized. Humira can cause urinary tract infections which occur in 8% of patients.I will get more data from not only by body but doctors in the next coming days. Maybe I will end up at a urologist’s office. I am curious what is causing this and whether or not it is Crohns related. Oh what an interesting life I have with my Crohns. 

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about the Crohn's. My Aunt was having urinary problems recently and the doctor's actually suggested she start using a speedicath. So far she's been doing quite well. Hopefully she'll be getting better, and hopefully you will as well. Thanks so much for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete