Thursday, August 21, 2014

Alcohol, Eye Issues, Dental Work and Crohn's, and Doing Pretty Well

So I haven't wrote a health update in a while. I feel sharing my health is not only beneficial to me (since Crohn's is a life long illness) but hopefully to give others perspective.

This morning I had some dental surgery. Apparently Crohn's can lead to some dental issues. I have had some odd dental issues in the past with Crohn's but basically my gums are receding due to Crohn's being autoimmune and "hard brushing". So my gum dentist this morning grafted some of my gum and reapplied it to areas where the gum line was receding. The whole thing wasn't painful. I took 2 Alieve tonight because it was giving me tingling pain (although I don't like taking Alieve as I believe it may cause issues with Crohn's). Anyways I am doing pretty well right now. I didn't eat all day because of the surgery however ordered some Papa John's (six cheese small pizza) and a cookie pizza (you can't imagine how hungry I was). Anyways I am doing pretty well not and hopefully the pain will go away in the next couple of days.

Last night for the first time ever in my life I had alcohol (just a sip). I was worried about how my body would react and it is a bit confusing. Since I had a four course meal I am not sure if the meal caused it or the alcohol. I actually did have a loose bowel in what I call a day flare. Today I was fine though and actually didn't have a bowel movement. My personal theory is that drinking alcohol can cause flare ups (based on anecdotal evidence).

So last weekend my eyes seemed a little irritated. A few years ago I had an infection in my eye and I was prescribed Zylet which got rid of the infection. I took out my contacts on Monday and went to an eye doctor (who was actually in a mall) and examined me and said my eyes were irritated and gave me some stuff to put in. My eyes look much better now and probably within the next couple of days I can start wearing contacts. I feel as if my eyes are really getting oxygen and rest. Taking a shower is a pain since I have to take off my glasses to wash my hair. Anyways it is always good to see an improvement in health.

No comments:

Post a Comment