Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sleepless Weekend, Ice Pack, and Dry Nose with Crohn's

So this weekend was somewhat interesting. On Saturday morning I woke up around 9 am and had gone to bed around roughly 3 or so and felt out of it most of the day. I usually need 8-9 hours of sleep to feel reasonable. With 6 hours I felt a little grumpy and zombie. Years ago around junior year of high school I got 5 hours of sleep one night and remember the next day feeling like the longest day ever. In high school I use to get up around 6 am to either catch the bus or drive in. In the afternoon I went to work out and felt pretty bad (just very tired). For dinner I had eggplant Parmesan which I have had before, however around midnight I had a semi mixed bowel movement. About 20 minutes later the bowel movement was completely loose (reminded me of my c diff days). I lost roughly 3 lbs in the bathroom (if my scale is right). For some odd reason on select Friday or Saturday nights is when I do have a small episode of diarrhea (not exactly sure why). At night for a while I have been using ice packs (even though no pain-although m stomach at night churns after taking Asacol). 

This morning I woke up with somewhat of a headache (which is pretty rare for me). I went to sleep around 1 in the morning and woke up around 11 and felt this semi-good sleep (mostly because my body was catching up on sleep). Sleep is like a bank account sometimes you don't get enough and have to more than make up for it on weekends. I felt much better today but still feel a tad tired. Hopefully, tonight I will get a good rest before work tomorrow. I haven't had a bowel movement all day today so that is good. 

So the past few weeks or so my nose has been very dry. I usually do SinusRinse (which can be gross at first but does work wonders). Where I live it has been cold recently but with all this stuff in my nose my nose feels stuffed up. I went to Walgreens and bought some NeilMed stuff for dry noses. I have noticed when I take a shower my nose does feel a lot better with the moisture. Hopefully this dry nose is temporary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment