Sunday, October 20, 2013

Weekend Mini-Flare Up?

So for some strange reason sometimes on the weekend I can tend to flare up and then things to back to normal. Last night I had a cookie sundae (which was very good) but after a while I had a mixed bowel movement. I had a mixed bowel movement the other day but then the next day it was a solid movement. It was really strange because last week at work I was working more hours than usual but I was very focused and seemed to be "in the zone" (even more so than before I had Crohn's). Sleep seems to have a largest impact on my symptoms. I really have not noticed much pain and I am trying to go light on my foods (I am going to try this week at work to cut out chocolate and see how I feel). My weight is above 160 pounds (highest it has ever been but I don't feel bloated). Last night I went to bed around 3:30 A.M. (I guess I should say this morning). I was wondering about what would happen if I am in the middle of a flare. Would I go on Remicade? Would I need surgery? Is there some other treatment I could try.The other thing I noticed was that my skin did break out a little bit while I felt very minor pain in my stomach. Perhaps this has something to do with inflammation (when I was younger I had acne on and off for years) and my understanding is acne is just inflammation of the skin just like Crohn's is inflammation of the digestive system attacking itself.

As I mentioned in my last post my anal fissure (or whatever I had) seems to be going away. I really feel back to normal in that area. I am curious to find out what it actually was and what caused it. I see my internist this week so I will get his thoughts on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment