Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Humira 5 Months Still Working!


It has been a while since I have blogged about my progress with Crohn’s. I started Humira June 6tth, 2012 and 5 months later feeling pretty darn good. Pretty much been eating whatever still taking Asacol three time per day, Humira, and my doctor recently noticed I was vitamin D deficient (even after taking a prescription for a supplement) and upped the dosage. I had a scare Monday when I had what I would call a one day flare where after I worked out around 5 pm I really had to go to the bathroom. My bowel movement continued for a while and then stopped and I felt much better after it. The only other real development was my top gum line seem inflamed from what my periodontist says is a systemic issue and sent a sample of my gum tissue to a pathologist who will look to see what it is. My gums have been inflamed (even before Crohn’s). However it is odd that my upper gums are inflamed however my lower gums are perfectly healthy.  Today the periodontist did a deep cleaning which actually made my teeth look really nice! He also trimmed my gums which makes me have less of a gummy smile. I have had this done before and it does look very nice once done.

I honestly have still not had any pain on Humira. Being the planner that I am still looking at alternatives once Humira stops working. I guess the first step is to go to 1 injection per week (instead of one every other week), then if that doesn’t work go to Cizmia, then if that doesn’t work Remicade, then if that doesn’t work then possibly low dose naltrexone if my GI approves it. Last resort should always be surgery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment