Friday, April 19, 2024

Allergies and Potential Crohn's Flare

The past week has been interesting health wise. First I had allergies for the past week were I was stuffed up and congested however never had a sore throat or fever at all. Previously three weeks before that I had some allergies as well but it lasted only for a couple of days. Within the past couple of days I am no longer stuffed up however have been really tired with fatigue. Yesterday was probably the worst day in terms of how tired I was (even though I slept 10 hours the night before-however I did wake up multiple times during the night. My last workout was Wednesday morning and I felt as if I was really dragging during the workout. 

Last night I probably slept a little over 9 hours and when I woke up was still tired even though I had a good night's rest. My stomach was also cramping and I had to go to the bathroom maybe half a dozen times and all the bowel movements was liquid, however there wasn't much cramping. Also the past couple of days I haven't been super hungry either. Last night I did have some baked ziti and fried cheese which could have potentially contributed to the mini flare this morning. My stomach seemed a little angry and ever I had my bowel movements seemed relieved. I decided to skip my usual flat white this morning since I was worried the caffeine may accelerate the diarrhea. 

As I write this my cramping seems to have gone away however I am still fatigued and tired (however my energy levels have improved from yesterday). When I get home from work I look forward to resting. My game plan is to take a hot bath, get some good sleep tonight (since tomorrow is Saturday and I don't have to be anywhere), have a light dinner, and stay hydrated (usually with water and Pedialyte). 

On Monday I have an appointment with my doctor who will do some blood work. As a back up plan I have an appointment with my GI the following Monday just in case things don't improve (given his next appointments aren't until June). Personally I feel as if this is a minor setback and backed on history I generally bounce back.  

No comments:

Post a Comment