Friday, November 5, 2021

Rhino Virus and Current Health

Recently the past couple of days I have felt quite stuffed up with a runny nose and lots of congestion. At first I thought it was allergies (and even when I took an allergy pill it helped) however today I woke up pretty tired and was concerned I may have some type of infection and didn't want to go into work and possibly infect other co-workers. Last night as I drove home from work I was my nose was just dripping with gross stuff. 

This morning I called my doctor's office to schedule an appointment (since it is a Friday) and it would stink to not be able to have any relief before the weekend. The doctor's office required me to get a COVID test first (I have received 3 Moderna vaccines and given I was only congested and stuffed up the odds of this were pretty remote). At any rate I took the swab test this afternoon and it was negative (shocker). I then saw my doctor who said I could have a rhino virus or some type of sinus infection. When my doctor looked inside my nose she said it was quite inflamed and swollen. In terms of what I would take to help me she wrote a prescription for doxycycline which I am going to take for 5 days. Also she recommended that I take a probiotic given my compromised immune system which I agreed with. She had said I could take Claritin D if needed (I went ahead and got that) and also to get Flonase which I actually haven't taken in many years. I took all my medications with some light food before. Speaking of food I noticed this morning I had an odd taste in my mouth when eating which was bizarre but may be related to the fact that I am sick. 

The nice thing about this weekend is it is Daylight Savings Time so that means hopefully I will be able to rest and get an extra hour of sleep (hopefully). I slept pretty good last night but was still tired this morning but I think gradually I will feel better. Currently as I write this I am on the couch and a little sleepy but sure I will gain my second wind later on tonight. I feel overall pretty good and don't have any symptoms of being stuffed up or a runny nose even though I took my medications roughly an hour ago.

A few years ago in November 2019 (around Thanksgiving time) I was battling a upper respiratory infection. It seems as if around this time every year I come down with either allergies, some type of virus, or cold. Also I received my flu shot last weekend too! I thought I was all set for the holiday season but apparently not. All and all thought I can't really complain about my current health as I am in remission and have a slight set back with this virus or whatever the heck it is. I will be hydrating this weekend, resting, and just relaxing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment