Friday, July 26, 2019

Minor Cramping This Past Week and Minor Dizziness

Image result for kobe burger
So last weekend I splurged a little bit food wise. On Saturday night I went out to this burger place that I had not been to before and ordered a Kobe beef cheeseburger with some Parmesan fries (it was very delicious. About an hour or so after that I went to this dessert place and ordered a small brownie sundae (it had hot fudge on it too). Although the food was amazing and my stomach was quite expanded I was in the bathroom most of the night (very few loose bowel movements though).

For the past week I had some cramping in my stomach (more like distant cramping). Also this week at work I had a bunch of meetings and probably didn't the best sleep either which usually compounds the cramping issue. Last night I feel asleep around 10:30 P.M. and felt refreshed when I woke up. I most likely will be sleeping as much as possible this weekend to make up for some of the lost sleep during the week. As I write this right now I feel virtually no pain. I had been taking hot baths and using a cold ice pack during the week to mitigate some of the pain. The only other odd thing health wise that happened this week was I felt dizzy on Wednesday after work and had to lay down as I felt as if I was moving even though I was in the shower, walking, or laying down. I wrote a post on my vertigo issues last year and that experience.

This past week is a reminder to really appreciate every day I can live in remission with Crohn's and be thankful for what I have. Historically I have found eating light food, sleeping well, and not stressing out too much have been the keys to success. I know I will have up and downs with Crohn's but I am of the opinion that we should all constantly strive to feel better and have a better quality of life with this awful disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment